This protocol is designed to determine your sweat rate during competition. Your sweat rate is the amount of fluid that you lose, primarily through sweat while exercising/racing. We need to replicate race conditions as closely as possible. If you are going to be racing in a hot and humid environment, you must complete this test in a hot and humid environment. We will use the results to help formulate a race nutrition strategy to keep you performing optimally.
This protocol should be done during a workout that has a similar intensity to your race intensity and must last for, at minimum, one hour.
- Void your bladder.
- Weigh yourself naked while holding all the food and liquid you plan to consume during the workout.
- Perform your workout and do not use the bathroom.
- If you MUST pee during the workout, add 0.5 lb to your PRE-workout weight for each time you stop.
- Towel off your sweat and weigh yourself naked with whatever food/beverage you have left (yes, weigh the empty water bottles).
- Fill out the form to determine your sweat and hydration rate
- Add your name and e-mail address to send yourself a copy of the results for your records
- Click on your coach to include them on the e-mail.